Watford Museum presents...
A celebration of the history of Watford Football Club through collections and exhibitions of memorabilia and memories
The Main Stand
The Main Stand, also known as the East Stand, is the oldest at Vicarage Road. The original stand, to the north, was built when Watford Football Club moved from Cassio Road to Vicarage Road in 1922, while the southern extension was added when the club won the Division Three championship in 1969.
With the planned redevelopment of the eastern side of the stadium still in the pipeline, the current Main Stand's days are numbered. This online exhibition celebrates the dusty old romance of a building that's seen it all.
With thanks to Richard Walker and Watford Football Club. Additional information from The East (Main) Stand, Watford Football Club - Historic and Architectural Survey by Essex County Council Planning's Field Archaeology Unit.